Ultrasound imaging (the same as used in pregnancy scans), is a great way to assess the condition of muscles, tendons and joints.
Diagnostic Ultrasound in Cheltenham
Ultrasound imaging (the same as used in pregnancy scans), is a brilliant way to assess the condition of muscles, tendons and joints. The advantage of ultrasound is that it is very safe (no radiation) quick and accurate at diagnosing many injuries. Patients will be able to see their injuries in real time during the assessments.
Please note that we only use diagnostic ultrasound for musculoskeletal injuries. We do not assess hernias or lumps and bumps. Due to the depth of the spine ultrasound is not used to look at spinal injuries.
Areas of the body ultrasound is useful for diagnosing:
- Shoulder Injuries
- Elbow Injuries
- Wrist & Hand Pain
- Hip Problems
- Knee Pain
- Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Ligament Tears
- Tendonitis or Inflammation of a Tendon
- Muscle Tears
What we offer
At Skelian we offer private ultrasound scans to assess our patients for injury. This is a fantastic service if you are looking for a fast and accurate diagnosis for what could be causing your joint pain. Our scans are performed by an experienced specialist physiotherapist Jonathan Wride.
During the ultrasound scan, you will also experience some form of physical exam to add to your findings from the scan to help make sure your diagnosis is as accurate as possible
The Benefits of Ultrasound
- Fast referral
- Be seen quickly
- Accurate diagnosis
- See your injury or problem is real time during the scan
- Safe (no harmful radiation)
- Not painful
- Diagnosis by a musculoskeletal specialist
- Experienced practitioner
- Receive the written report quickly
- In some cases, you can move the area of the body whilst being scanned to assess the whole area for what is causing the pain or problem
- Affordable price
- Follow up and after care services available
What to expect
You will be greeted by our specialist physio in the waiting area and will be welcomed into the treatment room. From there Jonathan our specialist physio will ask you some questions about your health and your condition. After speaking to you about your problem he will then perform a focused physical exam , followed by the diagnostic ultrasound scan.
During the scan Jonathan will be able to point out to you where the problem is, so you can see the issue in real time as you are being scanned.
Included in diagnostic ultrasound scan:
- Explanation of your diagnosis/condition
- Explanation of what are the treatment options
- Explanation of what are the next steps following your diagnosis
- Written report of findings from the scan
Diagnostic Ultrasound – £110